I’ve posted on how to remove unwanted wall posts and notifications from your facebook stream. I mentioned how to get them back again, too, but Kevin offers a very clear explanation of how to correct, shall we say, overzealous editing of your facebook stream…
By: Kevin Palmer on 11/16/2009
This weekend I had a friend of mine who was using Facebook on a computer that wasn’t his. He thought that he was logged in to his account and hid some people from his feed and hid some applications that he considers annoying. A few seconds after doing this he realized that he wasn’t logged into his account. I got a message asking me to help him figure out how to unhide people and applications. After writing out the directions on how to do it I realized this was a cheap and easy blogpost… er… I mean valuable content that I should share. (Joking aside there was some conflicting information on how to do this, so I figured it made sense to post it.)
How to unhide people from your Facebook feed
1) From your start page make sure you have “live feed” selected.
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page. At the end of all your feeds select the “edit options” link.
3) On the right hand side there will be a box with the people you have selected to hide from your feed. Click the “x” next to their name to allow them to show up in your feed again.
You have now enabled that person to show up in your “live feed”. If you want them in your “news feed” you need to follow the next few steps.
4) From your start page make sure you have “news feed” selected.
5) Scroll to the bottom of the page. At the end of all your feeds select the “edit options” link.
6) In this box you will be able to add people to your news feed, applications, and fan pages that you had previously blocked.
Now you can right the wrongs that you have committed in fits of rage against your friends who talk about farmville way too much.